Agilytic is looking for passionate and entrepreneurial Data Engineers to tackle complex technological projects in our most challenging assignments.
Our company is based in the south-east vicinity of Brussels, Belgium, but we work on assignments anywhere in Belgium and France.
As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in preparing the big data infrastructure that will be used by our Data Scientists in the delivery of our projects.
The data engineer will be coached by a senior expert to grow the technical and business skills to manage his/her projects quickly.
You will be trusted to
- Conceive and build data architectures
- Integrate data sources
- Ensure data are easily accessible and that their exploitation is performing as requested, even in highly scalable circumstances
- Optimise data ecosystems' performance
- Execute ETL (extract/transform/load) processes from complex data sets
- Create large data warehouses fit for further reporting or advanced analytics
We are looking for strong candidates with the following academic and professional experiences:
- A Master in Informatics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or another quantitative discipline
- Strong affinity with data science in general and big data platforms in particular
- Familiarity with different types of databases, SQL and noSQL
- At least 2 years experience with parallel platforms (Hadoop, Cloudera...)
- Experience in design, implementation, monitoring and exploitations of data stored on parallel servers
- Technical expertise in
- Distributed systems architecture
- Data pipeline management
- Large data storage architecture
- Programming languages requirements
- Scala: required
- Python, R, C, C++ and/or C# are a plus
- Spark: nice to have
- Fluency in English and French, Dutch being a plus
- Driving licence: type B (car in Belgium) or similar
- Eligibility to work in Belgium and the European Union (please be aware that we cannot provide with relocation support)
We are also looking for the following attributes
- Desire to be among the first employees of a growing structure, to help us shape our organisation in the future
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and interpret large amounts of data to underline the relevant information regarding a specific business objective
- Problem-solving mindset
- Innate care about work quality
- Ability to interact at all levels, from the front-line staff to the executive team, with data experts and non-experts alike
- Curiosity about new techniques and tools, eagerness to always keep learning
We aim at creating a work environment that allows you to do great work, grow your skill set and, most importantly, be happy while doing it.
- Competitive Remuneration Package: We offer a competitive remuneration package, complete with a company car, fuel card, phone subscription, laptop, meal vouchers, etc.
There is also a variable remuneration component based on client satisfaction/longevity and your contribution to our business development efforts.
- Training Roadmap: We’ll will draft together a training roadmap, taking into consideration our internal competencies as well as your interests.
- Data For Good: On top of your holidays, we also offer you the possibility to spend a week working your data magic for a cause you care about. These five days will count as normal working days with us, but your week won’t be billed to our non-profit partner. Some conditions apply (e.g. has to be a recognised non-profit based in Belgium), but hopefully, you’ll take this opportunity to tackle other meaningful challenges.
- Supportive Structure And Transparency: What we don’t have in scale (yet), we’ll make it up with flexibility, support and transparency. We will be there for you, every step of the way.
- Modern Tools: Tools are a means to an end. We want them to help you do your best work, not become a bottleneck. That’s why you can expect up-to-date hardware and software tools so that you (hopefully) never have to swear at your computer.
- Oh, And A Little Bit Of Fun Too…: We take our work very seriously, but we’re not afraid to laugh at ourselves. Life is too short.